This turkey injection combines a traditional Cajun flavor with beer and honey that results in a delicious, well-balanced taste. Since this injection marinade contains honey, it needs to be warm (but not hot) when it is injected into the turkey.
- 1 cup beer (try a dark ale)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- Place apple cider into a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Stir in honey and mix until smooth.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in beer and Cajun Seasoning. Let stand 3-4 minutes.
- Pat surface of turkey dry with paper towels. Load the syringe with marinade mixture. Make sure it is still warm or the turkey will start to thicken.
- Inject mixture into the breast, thigh, and leg meat of the turkey.
- Make sure you are injecting small amounts all into different sections.
- Wipe away any marinade that leaks through the skin.
- Season and cook turkey as directed.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|