- 1 12-ounce (350 mL) can flat beer
- 4 cups (950 mL) prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) sea salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive bowl and store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator. This barbecue sauce will keep for several months. You can replace beer with lemon juice or liquor. You can also use the Dijon-style mustard for the American mustard.
2. When ready to use, paint the mustard sauce on the meat or chicken and then apply your favorite spice rub. Grill or smoke.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|