|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 2 Cups (16 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This tasty barbecue sauce gets a little spirited flavor from the beer. The barbecue sauce is simmered until it's reduced and nicely thickened. You'll be able to use this flavorful sauce on burgers, wings, or in shredded beef or pork barbecue.
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (or butter)
- 1 cup beer
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vineger (or cider vinegar)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
Gather the ingredients.
In a large saucepan, cook the onion in the vegetable oil or butter until tender.
Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat to low and simmer, frequently stirring, for about 20 to 30 minutes, until thickened and reduced to about 2 cups.
Taste and adjust the seasonings.
Use to make pulled pork, on grilled chicken, or as a condiment for burgers and enjoy!
- To keep spattering to a minimum, use a deep saucepan and cover loosely with a mesh spatter shield.