This brine is sure to enhance the flavor of any fish that you grill or smoke. This is a traditional brine for smoking large amounts of fish but can be cut down to fit your needs.
- 4 cups/950 mL ale (brown)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL salt (sea)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL sugar (brown)
- 1/4 cup/30 mL pickling spice
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cayenne pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir until salt and sugar and dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before using.
2. See Marinating Fish and Seafood for marinating times. As with any brine, make sure to wash the fish off after removing from mixture, pat dry with paper towels, season with favorite spices (optional), and place into smoker or on grill.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|