Bernadette Machard de Gramont is a freelance writer specializing in food, wine, and kitchen products. She serves as the resident Cookware Expert for The Spruce Eats, consistently researching and interviewing industry pros. Her work has appeared in The Kitchn, Food52, and more.
- Bernadette has written for The Spruce Eats since April 2020.
- Her work has appeared in The Kitchn, Made Local Magazine, Food52, and Far and Wide.
- Bernadette has a Bachelor's degree from the University of Hawai'i at Manoa.
As the granddaughter of immigrant restaurant owners, Bernadette developed an interest in gastronomy at a young age, cooking everything from her family's Filipino and Chinese recipes to French classics. She also spent seven years in the wine industry helping clients purchase fine and rare wines to add to their collections. After 18 years of living in San Francisco, Bernadette headed south to Los Angeles, where she continues to write about food and culture, while sometimes working as a food stylist/photographer and marketing consultant for the wine industry.
Bernadette has a Bachelor's degree from the University of Hawai'i at Manoa.
- The 5 Kitchen Tools My French Husband Insisted We Buy, The Kitchn
- 12 Handy Organization Ideas for Small Kitchens, Food52.com
- Women-Owned Wineries of Sonoma shifts the spotlight to women winemakers, Made Local Magazine
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.