Bernadette Machard de Gramont is a freelance writer specializing in food, wine, and fitness. Her work has appeared in Made Local Magazine, Food52, MyFitnessPal, and more.
- Bernadette has written for The Spruce Eats since April 2020.
- Her work has appeared in Made Local Magazine, Food52, MyFitnessPal, and Far and Wide.
- Bernadette has a Bachelor's degree in Dance from the University of Hawai'i at Manoa and is a certified Pilates instructor.
As the granddaughter of immigrant restaurant owners, Bernadette developed an interest in gastronomy at a young age, cooking everything from her family's Filipino and Chinese recipes to French classics. She also spent seven years in the wine industry helping clients purchase fine and rare wines to add to their collections. After 18 years of living in San Francisco, Bernadette headed south to Los Angeles, where she continues to write about food and culture, while sometimes working as a food stylist/photographer and marketing consultant for the wine industry.
Bernadette has a Bachelor's degree in Dance from the University of Hawai'i at Manoa and is a certified Pilates instructor.
- How to Choose a Rug for Your Home, Food52.com
- Lessons on Living From My French In-Laws, Food52.com
- 5 Shredded Salads in 10 Minutes or Less, MyFitnessPal.com
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.