|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 9g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
There's a sweet simplicity about the berry whipped shooter. It's a Smirnoff Vodka shot that features two of the brand's flavored vodkas. Not only is it utterly delicious, but it's also incredibly simple to mix up. That's exactly what you want when pouring a round of shooters for a party.
The recipe combines Smirnoff's marshmallow and strawberry vodkas, which is a delicious combination on its own. When the two are mixed with the syrupy grenadine, the shot tastes like you dipped the most luscious strawberry into freshly whipped cream. A word of caution: This shooter tastes so good that it is very easy to overindulge without realizing it. Consider yourself warned!
1 ounce whipped cream vodka
1/2 ounce strawberry vodka
1 splash grenadine
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker, pour the vodkas and grenadine.
Fill with ice, and shake well.
Strain into a shot glass.
Serve and enjoy.
- Smirnoff is the brand that created and promoted this recipe, though a number of other vodka brands also produce these flavors. If you have another brand preference, pour it. The shot will be just as tasty.
- Make a few shots at once by doubling or tripling the recipe in the same shaker, then strain it into several shot glasses.
- You can even make up a large batch that's pre-mixed for the party. Simply take some time to shake up a few shakers-full and strain it into a pitcher then store it in the fridge. Alternatively, stir it with ice and skip the shake. Remove the ice or you'll be risking an overly diluted drink.
- Other dessert-flavored vodkas can make fine substitutes for the whipped cream. There are lots to choose from, so think about pouring a marshmallow vodka or any of the yummy vodkas designed to taste like cakes or baked goods. If it's sweet, try it!
- In the same manner, the strawberry can be switched out for your favorite fruit-flavored vodka. Most pair really well with grenadine, especially other berry vodkas (e.g., raspberry, blueberry). Apple, coconut, citrus, and pineapple vodkas are also excellent options worth trying.
- Not in the mood for a shot? Double the recipe and serve it in a chilled cocktail glass or over ice in an old-fashioned glass.
How Strong Is a Berry Whipped Shot?
Even though this shot doubles up on the vodka, they're each only bottled at 70 proof (80 proof is standard for vodka). However, that does not mean it's a lightweight drink. It should mix up to an average alcohol content of 25 percent ABV (50 proof). To put that into perspective, it's like drinking a cosmopolitan in a single gulp.