|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: About 3 cups (48 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a classic barbecue sauce, heavy on the tomato with a wide range of flavors including a hint of lemon, making any barbecued food taste more authentic.
- 1 cup/240 milliliters ketchup
- 1 cup/240 milliliters water
- 1 onion (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup/120 milliliters cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon/15 milliliters vegetable oil
- 1/2 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1/4 cup/60 milliliters sugar
- 2 teaspoons/10 milliliters ginger (fresh grated)
- 2 teaspoons/10 milliliters salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 milliliters cayenne pepper
Gather the ingredients.
In a saucepan heat oil over medium heat.
Add onion, garlic, and ginger. Sauté until the onion is translucent.
Stir in ketchup, water, vinegar, lemon juice and zest, sugar, salt, and cayenne.
Reduce heat to a low simmer and continue cooking for 25 minutes.