We independently evaluate all recommended products and services. If you click on links we provide, we may receive compensation. Learn more.
Gluten-free meal delivery services offer meals and/or meal kits that are completely free of wheat, barley, rye, triticale (a cross between wheat and rye), and sometimes oats—all grains that contain the protein gluten. If your body has a hard time digesting gluten, unpleasant physical symptoms may manifest themselves. To avoid triggering these, you must pay careful attention to the ingredients in your food. A gluten-free meal delivery service can relieve you of this effort and give you peace of mind.
The best gluten-free meal delivery services often operate 100% gluten-free facilities, and some go even further, eliminating other potential trigger foods like FODMAPS (an acronym for a group of hard-to-digest sugars and fibers) and common allergens. The more sensitive you are, the more helpful a great service like that can be. However, sometimes a more casual approach is appropriate, utilizing gluten-containing ingredients in some meals, but not in others. This might work better for families with mixed preferences or those who are OK with the occasional dish of pasta or slice of toast. To help you find a service that fits your needs, we spent months testing a number of companies on both ends of the spectrum to curate these top picks based on their cost, nutrition, and of course flavor.
Best Gluten-Free Meal Delivery Services of 2023
- Best Overall: ModifyHealth
- Best Prepared Meals: Epicured
- Best Value: Fresh n' Lean
- Best Plant-Based: Splendid Spoon
- Best Organic: Sunbasket
- Best Keto-Friendly: Snap Kitchen
- Best for Families: Green Chef
- Best Allergy-Friendly: The Good Kitchen
Best Overall : ModifyHealth
- Starting Price: $12.95
ModifyHealth’s whole philosophy is based on optimal gut health and helping its customers manage chronic health conditions through their diet.
Produced in a gluten-free facility
Meals are high-quality
Reheating can take longer than indicated
Selecting a plan with ModifyHealth is simple: The company offers only low-FODMAP and Mediterranean-style diet program options. Dietitian support sessions can be built in with your plan, and both choices allow you to select your own meals from the existing menu. Everything arrives fully prepared, frozen, and ready to reheat.
- Weekly supply of 14 entrées: $180 per week
- À la carte: $9.95 per breakfast
- À la carte: $12.95 per entrée
- Weekly supply of 10 entrées: $129.50 per week
- À la carte: $12.95 per meal
- Greek chicken and rice
- Longevity stew with black-eyed peas and kale
- Shrimp chimichurri with black beans and rice
- Lemon thyme chicken with tahini cauliflower and za'atar quinoa
- Blackened salmon with quinoa, broccoli, and red bell pepper
- Roasted pistachio salmon with white beans and kale
Best Prepared Meals : Epicured
- Starting Price: $10.29
- Number Of Recipes: 30
Epicured offers a large menu of high-quality, fully-prepped meals, snacks, sides, and more—all 100% gluten-free.
No free shipping west of the Mississippi River
Menu only changes monthly
Epicured's meals are clinically validated and dietitian-approved for people living with health conditions like IBS, Crohn’s, and celiac disease. The company offers more than 50 meals and publishes a list of its ingredient sources on its site. The company uses organic ingredients whenever possible and follows the guidance of the Environmental Working Group’s dirty dozen list. You can view the menu through many filters, across three major categories—dietary preferences, allergies, and nutrition—and choose your favorites.
Learn More: Read Our Epicured Review.
A sampling of Epicured’s bundles includes:
- Freezer Filler Bundle (14 items): $121.40
- Plant-Based Vegan Bundle (14 items): $115.29
- Vegetarian Bundle (15 items): $74.97
- Chef’s Favorites Bundle (10 items): $110.21
- Favorites Bundle (11 items): $94.12
- Vietnamese rice noodles (vegetarian)
- Pad Thai with chicken
- Sesame-crusted grilled salmon
- Pulled BBQ chicken
Best Value : Fresh n' Lean
- Starting Price: $8.49
- Number Of Recipes: 59
Fresh N Lean has multiple plans, catering to multiple diets, all of which are 100% gluten-free.
Multiple meal plans
Totally free of gluten
Can't choose specific meals
Must contact customer service to change or cancel your plan
Fresh N Lean concentrates on healthful ready-to-eat meals across a number of dietary categories, all of which are gluten-free. It also clearly indicates which ingredients are organic and which are not and utilizes grass-fed meat in some of its meals. With Fresh N' Lean, you can order breakfast, lunch, and dinner for all seven days of the week. All the meals are single-serving, but there is a bulk/meal prep menu that allows you to stock up on extra portions of items like proteins and vegetables as well.
Learn More: Read Our Fresh N' Lean Review.
- Vegan Standard: Starts at $8.49 per serving
- Vegan Low Carb: Starts at $9.99 per serving
- Protein+: Starts at $10.32 per serving
- Keto: Starts at $10.66 per serving
- Paleo: Starts at $10.66 per serving
- Whole30 Approved: Starts at $10.66 per serving
- Mediterranean Diet: Starts at $10.32 per serving
- Grilled shrimp with caper dill aioli and roasted winter squash
- Moroccan mint grass-fed steak with spiced cauliflower and brown rice
- Tikka chicken with turmeric-roasted cauliflower and quinoa
- BBQ turkey meatballs with white beans
- Cajun salmon with Yukon potato and tomato rice
Best Plant-Based : Splendid Spoon
- Starting Price: $10
- Number Of Recipes: 65
Splendid Spoon is a nice option if you are looking to reset your diet or want to stock up on lighter meals that can be made quickly and easily.
No cooking required
Splendid Spoon is all about plant-based convenience. With plant-based smoothies, soup and grain bowls, noodle bowls, and juices, there’s a lot to keep you full. Plans are based on how many meals you want each week and for which meal periods.
Learn More: Read Our Splendid Spoon Review.
Splendid Spoon offers a variety of plans, and customers can choose to have their meals delivered weekly, biweekly, or on a monthly basis. Some sample meal plans include:
- Breakfast: $70
- Breakfast and Lunch + Reset: $105
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner + Reset: $160
- Cacao almond
- Blackberry basil
- Green matcha
- Power greens
- Raspberry cacao
- Red lentil dal
- Green tomatillo chili
- Lentil and kale
- Kimchi fried quinoa
- Cauliflower tikka
- Cauliflower potato
- Butternut turmeric
- Garden minestrone
Best Organic : Sunbasket
- Starting Price: $9.99
- Serving Sizes: 1 - 2
- Number Of Recipes: 43
Sunbasket caters to many diets and has a large selection of gluten-free dishes.
Wide selection of proteins
Lots of add-ons
Offers kits and fully prepped meals
Occasional conventional substitutions
No free shipping after promotion period
Premium meals cost extra
Sunbasket serves a wide variety of diets, including vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, diabetes/low sugar, dairy-free, and paleo. The majority of Sunbasket’s produce is organic, and so are many of the company’s protein options, which are usually available as an upgrade at an additional cost. The company specializes in meal kits but extends its offerings into fully-prepped single-serving meals and a large collection of third-party add-ons, like pressed juices, egg bites, and snacks.
Learn More: Read Our Sunbasket Review.
- 2 meals per week: from $14.49 per serving
- 3 meals per week: from $13.49 per serving
- 4 meals per week: from $12.49 per serving
- 5 meals per week: from $11.49 per serving
Fresh & Ready Meals
- 4–5 meals per week: $12.99 per serving
- 6–7 meals per week: $11.99 per serving
- 8–9 meals per week: $10.99 per serving
- 10 meals per week: $9.99 per serving
Shipping: $9.99 per shipment
- Sea scallops over fresh fettuccine with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach
- Snapper with romanesco, vegetables, and almonds
- Burmese chicken and sweet potato curry
- Sirloin strip tacos with zucchini scallion salsa
- Broccoli mac and cheese
- Chicken chow mein with broccoli, mushroom, and toasted garlic
- Beef donburi rice bowl with edamame and kimchi-lime vegetables
- Burrito bowl al pastor with plant-based Impossible Beef
Best Keto-Friendly : Snap Kitchen
- Starting Price: $11.34
- Number Of Recipes: 35
Snap Kitchen supports its customers with fresh, easy meals that meet the needs of multiple diets and are always gluten-free.
Easy search filters
Meals reheat in minutes
Limited plan size options
No vegan/vegetarian options
Primarily serving up diet-based, fully-prepared savory entrées, Snap Kitchen also has some selections for breakfast as well as a few basic protein options. Meat eaters will enjoy the variety available, and meals typically have gluten-free grains and other starches in the recipes as well. Packaged efficiently and with clear and easy reheating instructions, Snap Kitchen meals are mere minutes from fridge to table.
Learn More: Read Our Snap Kitchen Review.
- 6 meals per week: $13.84 per meal
- 12 meals per week: $11.34 per meal
- Baked ziti with Italian beef sausage
- Stir-fry chicken and broccoli with garlic sauce
- Chicken vermicelli bowl with Vietnamese dipping sauce
- Herb butter steak with bacon roasted brussels sprouts
- Shawarma chicken bowl with lemon tahini sauce
- Peach BBQ brisket with loaded cauliflower
Best for Families : Green Chef
- Starting Price: $11.99
- Serving Sizes: 2 - 6
- Number Of Recipes: 31
The majority of Green Chef’s sizable weekly menu is dedicated to gluten-free meal kits, packed with plants, and offers up to six serving sizes per meal, making it a good choice for families.
Certified organic produce and eggs
Good flavor variety
Max of only four meals per week
Plans don’t mix and match
No free shipping
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, Green Chef was founded in 2014 with the distinction of being the first certified organic meal kit delivery service. It specializes in delivering healthful, sustainable, and easy-to-prepare meal kits made with organic produce and quality proteins. The company only offers lunch and dinner kits—there are no sides, snacks, desserts, or other add-ons.
Learn More: Read Our Green Chef Review.
- 3 meals per week: $13.49 per serving
- 4 meals per week: $12.99 per serving
- 2 meals per week: $12.99 per serving
- 3 meals per week: $12.49 per serving
- 4 meals per week: $11.99 per serving
- 3 or 4 meals per week: $11.99 per serving
- Harissa-spiced shrimp
- Sesame ginger bavette steak and shrimp
- Middle Eastern-style chickpea bowl
Best Allergy-Friendly : The Good Kitchen
- Starting Price: $11.50
- Serving Sizes: 1 - 4
- Number Of Recipes: 31
The Good Kitchen is 100% gluten-free and will deliver up to 35 meals per week, all of which can be filtered to avoid common allergens.
Can order up to 35 meals weekly
Bulk family style dishes available
Free shipping only for orders of 10+ meals
The Good Kitchen offers fully prepped meals made in a facility that is 100% free of gluten, peanuts, and soy. The company delivers breakfast, lunch, and dinner; you can order between five and 35 meals to be delivered weekly, biweekly, or monthly. You can filter the menu through a list of more than a dozen dietary and ingredient preferences, and The Good Kitchen caters to four different dietary lifestyles: paleo, keto, low fat, and whole30 approved. The company also engages in sustainable sourcing, utilizing organic produce, grass-fed and pastured proteins, and watch-compliant seafood.
Learn More: Read our Review of The Good Kitchen.
Pricing depends on the quantity of meals ordered, and the price per meal ranges from $11.50 to $15.
- Beef shepherd's pie
- Bison and beef sloppy joe with potato leek gratin
- Chicken satay with cilantro rice and broccoli
- Chili lime chicken with fajita veg and cilantro cauliflower rice
- Miso glazed wild boar meatballs and hibachi zucchini
- Tomato, asparagus, and spinach frittata with Yukon potato hash
We chose ModifyHealth as the best overall because the company is totally focused on gut health, a common concern when it comes to gluten. Second, the company offers the support of a dietitian, which can be especially important for people on a gluten-free diet. Finally, we think that the company provides an excellent balance of convenience, cost, and variety.
Compare the Best Gluten-Free Meal Delivery Services
|Company||Starting Price||Delivery Area||Products Arrive||Can Customers Choose Delivery Date?||Free Shipping?|
|$12.95 per serving||48 states||Fresh||No||Yes|
|$10.29 per serving||48 states||Fresh||No||Yes, if over $100|
Fresh N Lean
|$8.49 per serving||50 states||Fresh||No||Yes, except AK and HI|
|$10 per serving||48 states||Frozen||Yes||Yes|
|$9.99 per serving||50 states||Fresh and frozen||Yes||No|
|$11.34 per serving||Varies; see the website for details||Fresh||Yes||Yes|
|Best for Families:
|$11.99 per serving||48 states||Fresh||Yes||No|
The Good Kitchen
|$11.50 per serving||50 states||Fresh||No||No|
Guide for Choosing the Best Gluten-Free Meal Delivery Services
Are Gluten-Free Meal Delivery Services Right for You?
There are definitely pros and cons to weigh when deciding if a gluten-free meal delivery service is right for you.
Reduced stress and responsibility
Increased free time
Potential health and nutritional improvement
Potential cost savings over restaurants and takeout
Higher cost than DIY meal prep
Potential for hassles and disappointments
Given the large number of 100% gluten-free or partially gluten-free services on the market—as well as the ubiquity of generous new-customer discounts—we think a gluten-free meal delivery service is worth trying at least once.
Comparing Gluten-Free Meal Delivery Services
Once you’ve decided to try a gluten-free meal delivery service, you’ll likely want to compare competing services and select the one that’s best for you. Meal services typically differ in several important ways:
- Price: Most services are weekly subscriptions with recurring charges. What is the price per serving, and how many servings per week do you require? And don’t forget about shipping costs.
- Diet and Variety: Typically, the more diets a service accommodates, the fewer selections it offers for each. The reverse also tends to be the case. The more a company focuses on one type of diet, the more options you’ll have to choose from. Ask yourself: What is your ideal balance between adherence to a diet/lifestyle and having a large menu from which to choose?
- Flexibility: How flexible is the service? Can you choose your delivery day? Can you still use it when traveling? Get a sense of how the service will fit into your schedule and lifestyle.
- 100% Gluten-Free: Some services have a mix of gluten-free and non-gluten-free products on their menu. Do you require that a service maintains a 100% gluten-free facility?
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Do Gluten-Free Meal Delivery Services Cost?
Your overall cost will depend, of course, on how much food you order. Often, the smaller your weekly order, the more you’ll pay per serving and vice versa. See the table above to compare companies on a cost-per-serving basis, with the awareness that paying the lowest price often means ordering the largest possible quantity.
What Do Gluten-Free Meal Delivery Services Offer?
If a food is gluten-free, odds are a gluten-free meal delivery service delivers it—breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and beverages; meal kits and fully-prepped meals; fresh and frozen. You can get it all delivered to your door, with varying degrees of selection, flexibility, and value.
Are Gluten-Free Meal Delivery Services Only for People With Celiac Disease?
Not at all. Gluten-free meal delivery services are for anyone interested in avoiding gluten, whether due to celiac disease or another reason. Some services have gluten-containing meals as well, which are good for couples with different dietary needs. People with celiac disease, however, will want to avoid those services, sticking to companies that operate 100% gluten-free facilities.
Our testers ordered from, cooked, and rated 40 different meal delivery services. We carefully scored each one based on meal selection, nutritional information, sustainability, and customer service, as well as the flavor, freshness, and quality of each meal and ingredient. Our Spruce Eats tester panel includes dietitians, chefs, and longtime food writers who are all passionate and knowledgeable about food.
The Spruce Eats does not provide medical advice, so before signing up for any of our gluten-free meal delivery recommendations, it's best to consult with a healthcare professional to make sure it's a service that fits your dietary wants and/or requirements.