The secret to this lemonade recipe is to use simple syrup, made by boiling together sugar and water, then cooling. The sugar is completely dissolved and blends beautifully with the tart lemon.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Juice from 4-6 lemons
- 4 cups cold waterMint sprigs
- Gather the ingredients.
- Blend 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar well in small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves completely. Let cool and refrigerate. (This is the simple syrup.)
- Mix the simple syrup well with the juice from 4-6 lemons (strained or not, as you like) and stir well. Add 4 cups cold water and mix. Try using sparkling water for some fizz! Pour into thermos or large jug, adding thin lemon slices if you'd like, or garnish with mint sprigs.
- I like to make more lemonade and freeze it in ice cube trays, adding the cubes to the lemonade so it's never diluted as the 'ice' melts.
- You can increase the amounts of this recipe proportionately, depending on the amount of lemonade you want.