Looking for the best and easiest guacamole dip recipe? Try this Mexican guacamole dip recipe courtesy Avocados from Mexico made with fresh jalapeño peppers and of course, avocados! Before you start, make sure your avocados are just soft and ripe enough. If you feel like experimenting even further with this delightful dip, there are all sorts of variations you can try.
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (fresh, finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons yellow onions (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno (or serrano chilies, minced)
- Salt to taste (sea salt or kosher salt is always best, in my opinion!)
- 2 large avocados (peeled and seeded)
- 2 tablespoons plum tomato (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice (fresh squeezed)
- Mash together 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, 1 teaspoon of the onion, 1 teaspoon of the minced chiles, and a dash of sea salt or kosher salt in the bottom of a medium-size bowl.
- Add the avocados and gently mash with a fork until chunky-smooth.
- Fold the remaining cilantro, onion, and chile into the mixture.
- Stir in the tomato and lime juice, adjust the seasonings to taste, and serve with a basket of warm tortilla chips.
Nutritional information per serving:
191 calories, 2.4 grams protein, 18.5 grams fat, 8 grams carbohydrates
Got leftover guacamole? Don't worry you can keep your guacamole green by storing leftovers properly.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|