This traditional brisket rub is most commonly used Texas. Though simple to make, this rub contains what you need to make a delicious smoked barbecue brisket. Give this recipe a try next time.
- 1/3 cup/80 mL paprika (not smoked)
- 1/3 cup/80 mL brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL onion powder
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL oregano
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL salt
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Work into the surface of the brisket, especially over the exposed meat. Cook as directed. This rub may be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dark place for several months.
- Double or triple the recipe if you intend to smoke a few briskets. Make sure that you portion out what you will be using and save the rest as instructed above. Discard any remaining rub that has come into contact with raw meat. This rub can also be used on steaks and other cuts of meat.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|