This is a basic but traditional pulled pork rub that will give you the best odds for making a great batch of barbecue pulled pork. It sounds like it contains a lot of black pepper, but that flavor will mellow while smoking, giving you a touch of heat without being overpowering.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) paprika
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) salt
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) black pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) cayenne
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) dry mustard
- Mix all ingredients. Work mixture into meat about an hour before it goes on the smoker. Save some of the rub to sprinkle on during the smoking process to replace rub lost during turning.
- This rub can be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dark place for several months.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|