This thin, vinegary sauce is added to pulled pork after it has been smoked and pulled. This keeps the meat moist and adds flavor. It's a simple combination of apple cider vinegar, water and the Best Odds Pulled Pork Rub.
- 1 1/2 cups/360 mL apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup/120 mL hot water
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL paprika
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cayenne
1. In a medium saucepan, combine water and brown sugar over medium heat, until dissolved. Add remaining ingredients and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and let stand for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Slowly add sauce to pork. Using tongs, gently turn the meat. The pulled pork should be lightly and evenly coated, neither dry nor soupy. Place onto warmed sandwich buns and serve with coleslaw.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|