|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: About 1 1/4 cup (serves 12)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 3g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This rub is your "best odds" to smoking a great set of ribs. This savory rub will add a lot of flavor without detracting from the natural taste of the meat.
- 1/3 cup/80 mL paprika
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL onion powder
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL ground basil
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL black pepper
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL salt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL red pepper (1 tablespoon/15 mL if you want it hot)
Combine all ingredients.
Store in an airtight container.
The mixture will last up to 6 months stored in a cool, dry place.
When applying to ribs, coat heavily and massage into the meat. If you want to make a sweet rub, add 2 tablespoons/30 mL of brown sugar.
Apply rub evenly over ribs. The general rule is what sticks is the perfect amount.
Use this rub for: