This rub is your "best odds" to smoking a great set of ribs. This savory rub will add a lot of flavor without detracting from the natural taste of the meat.
- 1/3 cup/80 mL paprika
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL onion powder
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL ground basil
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL black pepper
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL salt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL red pepper (1 tablespoon/15 mL if you want it hot)
- Combine all ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container.
- The mixture will last up to 6 months stored in a cool, dry place.
- When applying to ribs, coat heavily and massage into the meat. If you want to make a sweet rub, add 2 tablespoons/30 mL of brown sugar.
- Apply rub evenly over ribs. The general rule is what sticks is the perfect amount.
Use this rub for:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|