|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 2 cups (4 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||16%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a classic barbecue sauce for ribs. The combination of flavors enhances the flavor of the ribs but doesn't overpower them. If you add this sauce to ribs while they are still cooking make sure it doesn't burn. The sauce should be rich and thick, not black and burned.
- 2 cans/16 oz/240 mL tomato sauce (2 x 8-ounce cans)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL paprika
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL mustard (dry)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL vinegar
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL onion powder
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL basil (ground)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
Combine all ingredients.
Serve sauce warm on the table as a condiment, or brush it lightly onto ribs about 15 minutes before you remove them from the smoker or grill.
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days after preparation.