This easy broccoli chicken is cooked to perfection in the slow cooker.
The simple combination of chicken breasts, broccoli, and condensed soup makes a fabulous everyday dinner. Serve this flavorful dish over hot cooked rice or angel hair pasta.
If you like your broccoli crisp-tender, steam it following the package directions and serve it along with the chicken.
- 1 can/10 1/2 ounces cream of broccoli soup
- 2 to 3 pounds chicken breast halves (boneless; can use frozen)
- 1 bag chopped broccoli (frozen, 16 ounces)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Place chicken pieces in the crock pot.
- Cover with the frozen broccoli and spoon the cream of broccoli soup over all. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours or on high for about 3 hours. Boneless chicken breasts will be dry if cooked too long, so check them after about 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high.
- Add milk about 45 minutes before done, or 30 minutes if cooking on high.
- Serve poured over rice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||46 g|
|Saturated Fat||19 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|