|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Servings: 8 to 10|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||14%|
|Total Carbohydrate 42g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 21g|
|Vitamin C 3mg||14%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This recipe for classic banana bread is made even easier by using Bisquick baking mix in the batter. Bisquick is a shortcut, time-saving ingredient of pre-mixed baking mix. It contains the perfect blend of flour, shortening, salt, and baking powder.
Remember, the key to the most flavorful banana bread is to use bananas that are very ripe. The bananas should be far past the point when you would want to peel and eat them as a snack. The best bananas for banana bread have a blackened skins and feel very soft when peeled.
1 1/3 cups mashed very ripe bananas (about 2 large bananas)
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
2 2/3 cups baking mix
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease the bottom of a 9 x 5-inch bread loaf pan and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, sugar, milk, oil, vanilla extract, and eggs until smooth.
Stir in the Bisquick baking mix and chopped nuts until combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake in the 350 F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Remove the banana bread from the oven and cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
Loosen the sides of the loaf from the pan and invert onto the wire rack. Place the banana bread top side up on the wire rack and cool completely before slicing.
- To store the banana bread, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and keep at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- The bread can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- Banana bread also freezes well, wrapped in foil and placed in a zip topped freezer bag, for up to 1 year. Thaw completely before slicing and serving if the bread is frozen.
- This banana bread also makes particularly good French toast. Slice the bread and then dip it into an egg/milk mixture and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side in a skillet until it is perfectly crisp and golden brown. Drizzle with maple syrup and suddenly you have a whole new way to enjoy banana bread!
This recipe uses 1/2 cup of chopped nuts in the batter to give the banana bread extra texture, flavor, and interest. However, you can feel free to use this recipe as a base and get creative with your own variations.
- Add 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips or peanut butter chips instead of the nuts.
- Add 1/2 cup of dried fruit (such as raisins or dried cranberries) instead of the nuts.
- Toast the nuts to really bring out their flavor and aroma in the recipe.
- Omit the nuts if you have an allergy or prefer plain banana bread.