|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||51%|
|Total Carbohydrate 56g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|Total Sugars 28g|
|Vitamin C 69mg||344%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Strawberry shortcake is one of our favorite desserts of the summer. Pick ripe, seasonal berries for maximum juiciness and flavor, and whip up this Bisquick strawberry shortcake in no time flat (because nobody likes hanging out by the oven when it's hot out!). The shortcake is simply made with only 4 ingredients—Bisquick mix, sugar, milk, and melted butter—then popped into the oven. While these flaky, delectable biscuits are baking, fix up the strawberries and cream.
These wonderful little treats are a great way to feed a hungry crowd. Best of all, you only need 20 minutes to make them.
For the Shortcakes:
2 1/3 cups Bisquick mix
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Berries:
1 quart strawberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
For the Whipped Cream:
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Gather your ingredients. Preheat oven to 425 F.
Whisk together the Bisquick mix and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the milk and melted butter with a wooden spoon until the dough just comes together. Don’t over-mix the batter.
Spoon the batter into 6 shortcakes onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. You can also put them straight onto an un-greased baking sheet. They do not typically stick to the pan due to the amount of butter.
Sprinkle the tops with a little extra sugar if you like them sweet. This also adds a nice sparkle and crunch.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned and risen.
For the Strawberries and Whipped Cream
Gather your ingredients.
Chop or slice the strawberries.
Stir the strawberries with the sugar and set them aside.
Gather the whipped cream ingredients.
Beat the cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form.
Mix in the vanilla extract and powdered sugar.
Allow the shortcakes to cool slightly.
Split the shortcakes in half and add a layer of strawberries and then whipped cream. Then top with the other half of the shortcake and serve immediately with extra berries and extra whipped cream if you wish.
- If you want the shortcakes to look totally uniform you can quickly roll the batter into a thick sheet and cut them out with biscuit cutters.
- Try adding lemon juice to the strawberries for a little extra zing.
- Try out these shortcakes with different sliced seasonal fruit like peaches and plums. You can also sub in any fresh berry like blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries.
- Make sure to wait for the shortcakes to cool before splitting them. They are very tender, so they may crumble when they are warm.
- Don't over-whip the cream, as it can turn into butter very quickly after it forms soft peaks. Gently fold in the vanilla extract and powdered sugar. You can also omit the sugar if you wish.