If you are looking for something a little different in a burger then this just might be the one for you. These tasty patties are dished up on thin sandwich buns, topped with a fried egg and a simple burger sauce.
- 1 pound/450 grams ground beef
- 1/3 cup/80 milliliters panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup/60 milliliters onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons/30 milliliters Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon/15 milliliters tarragon (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon/5 milliliters garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 milliliters salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 milliliters black pepper
- 4 flat sandwich buns (lightly toasted)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 6 to 8 medium lettuce leaves
- 4 fried eggs (cooked to desired doneness)
- For sauce:
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
Combine bread crumbs, onion, mustard, tarragon, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Add in ground beef and mix just enough to spread the mixture through the meat. Don't overwork the meat.
Divide into 4 equal parts and shape into burger patties.
Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Place patties onto grill grate and cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side.
Once cooked through, remove from heat and place onto the platter.
To assemble, place lettuce on bread, top with sauce, then sliced avocado, burger patties, fried egg, and top half of bread.
Raw Egg Warning
Consuming raw and lightly-cooked eggs poses a risk of food-borne illness.
- To prepare sauce, simply mix mayonnaise and ketchup through until well combined. Store in refrigerator if making ahead of time.