|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This black and gold martini is a super easy cocktail that makes a dramatic statement, both in taste and look. It is a beautiful, cinnamon-flavored cocktail that is perfect for Halloween or any occasion where a simple dark drink with a little sparkle is in order.
The recipe features Blavod Vodka, which is black but relatively similar in flavor to regular vodka. You'll also need Goldschläger, that luxury cinnamon schnapps with the gold flake floating around inside the bottle.
The vodka is shaken to lighten up the taste, then the Goldschläger is added directly to the glass so you don't lose any gold in the shaker. Really, that's it! This is probably one of the quickest vodka martinis you'll find, but it's also one of the strongest.
2 ounces black vodka
1 ounce chilled Goldschläger cinnamon schnapps
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the black vodka.
Top with Goldschläger.
Serve and enjoy.
- Be sure to chill your bottle of Goldschläger before pouring so the drink stays nice and cold.
- A chilled glass helps as well. If you don't have time or room in the freezer to frost the glass, give it a quick chill instead. Simply place a few ice cubes in the glass while you mix the drink, then dump them out before straining.
- Blavod can be hard to find. It typically makes an appearance at liquor stores around Halloween, if it's not available regularly. It's the only black vodka on the market, so your options are extremely limited.
- If you cannot find or do not wish to use Blavod, you can turn your favorite vodka into a black one by using this simple method. The trick is nothing more than the right combination of food coloring and, though it's not the perfect black found in Blavod, it works.
- You can certainly pour a clear vodka in this martini. Obviously, it won't have the black color, but the gold flakes will still catch your eye floating around in the clear liquid.
- Among your flavored vodka options that will work with the cinnamon, vanilla vodka is the best choice. You could also have some fun with dessert vodkas like whipped cream or marshmallow.
How Strong Is a Black and Gold Martini?
Goldschläger's a pretty potent schnapps, bottled at 87 proof. When paired with the 80-proof vodka, this martini is one of the strongest you can mix up. Its alcohol content is 35 percent ABV (70 proof), outweighing even the likes of the vodka martini. You definitely want to keep this in mind if you want to avoid getting drunk and the hangover that comes with it.