This rice salad is made with a generous amount of chopped fresh vegetables and black beans. The lime juice dressing is a simple combination, and it gives the salad a fabulous flavor.
Feel free to add about 1/2 cup of cooked corn kernels to the salad for extra color and flavor.
"This was amazing! I took it to a potluck and I've never seen a dish of food disappear so quickly! Rave reviews!" Adrianne
- 1 can/15 ounce black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups long-grain rice (cooked and chilled)
- 1 green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 tomato (seeded and chopped)
- 2 to 3 green onions (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Garnish: fresh chopped parsley or cilantro
- In a serving bowl, combine the black beans with the cold cooked rice, green and red bell peppers, chopped tomato, and chopped green onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, Dijon mustard, sugar, cumin, and pepper.
- Add the dressing mixture to beans and rice and stir gently to blend ingredients.
- Garnish with parsley or fresh chopped cilantro. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Toss and serve.
Add about 1/2 cup of cooked whole kernel corn to the salad along with the black beans.
Add a few tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro to the salad with the vegetables.
Serve the salad on fresh avocado wedges.
Replace the green onion with 3 tablespoons of finely chopped red onion.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|