|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
You can have this delicious black bean soup ready in 25 minutes. Served with a salad and bread for an easy, quick dinner. The lime juice and cumin really boost the flavor.
- 1 large onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Optional: 1 packet Goya seasoning (Sazón Goya with coriander and annatto)
- 3 tablespoons cup olive oil
- 2 cans black beans (14.5 ounces each, undrained)
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth (or chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from 1 lime)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Garnish: sour cream
In a large saucepan, sauté the onions and garlic with the cumin (and sazon Goya, if using) in the olive oil until golden, fragrant, and soft, about 10 minutes.
While the onions are cooking, puree the beans in a blender with chicken broth to desired consistency.
When the onions are ready, add them to the bean and chicken broth mixture and purée briefly once more.
Stir in lime juice. Taste for seasoning, and season with salt and pepper.
Return the bean mixture to the saucepan and bring to a low simmer. Simmer for 5-15 minutes, or until heated through. Simmer slightly longer if you prefer a thicker soup.
Check seasoning, garnish with sour cream, and serve.