You can have this delicious black bean soup ready in 25 minutes. Served with a salad and bread for an easy, quick dinner. The lime juice and cumin really boost the flavor.
- 1 large onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Optional: 1 packet Goya seasoning (Sazón Goya with coriander and annatto)
- 3 tablespoons cup olive oil
- 2 cans black beans (14.5 ounces each, undrained)
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth (or chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from 1 lime)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Garnish: sour cream
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onions and garlic with the cumin (and sazon Goya, if using) in the olive oil until golden, fragrant, and soft, about 10 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking, puree the beans in a blender with chicken broth to desired consistency.
- When the onions are ready, add them to the bean and chicken broth mixture and purée briefly once more.
- Stir in lime juice. Taste for seasoning, and season with salt and pepper.
- Return the bean mixture to the saucepan and bring to a low simmer. Simmer for 5-15 minutes, or until heated through. Simmer slightly longer if you prefer a thicker soup.
- Check seasoning, garnish with sour cream, and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||41 g|