- 1/4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 8 ounce packages cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 cans black beans (15 ounces each, rinsed and drained)
- 1 4.5 ounce can green chiles (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper (ground)
- Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat; add onion and sautee 8 minutes. Add garlic and sautee 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in flour until smooth; cook mixture, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add cheese, stirring constantly over low heat until cheese melts.
- Stir in black beans and remaining ingredients, gently stirring until mixture is thoroughly heated. Serve warm with chips or crackers.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||15 g|