|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 10-12 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||44%|
|Total Carbohydrate 58g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 15g||52%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A classic and indulgent vegetarian bean dip recipe with black beans and lots of cheddar cheese. With plenty of rich milk and butter, this is not a bean and cheese dip for those on a diet, but it is absolutely delicious! Black bean and cheese dip recipe courtesy of Bush's® Beans.
- 1/4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 8 ounce packages cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 cans black beans (15 ounces each, rinsed and drained)
- 1 4.5 ounce can green chiles (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper (ground)
Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat; add onion and sautee 8 minutes. Add garlic and sautee 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
Stir in flour until smooth; cook mixture, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add cheese, stirring constantly over low heat until cheese melts.
Stir in black beans and remaining ingredients, gently stirring until mixture is thoroughly heated. Serve warm with chips or crackers.