If you are a fan of black and blue steaks, you will definitely love this burger recipe. Topped with a blue cheese-mayonnaise mixture and hot fresh off the grill Vidalia onion slices, these mouthwatering grilled burgers make a great addition to any cookout.
- 1 pound/450 g ground beef
- 1 vidalia onion cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1/3 cup/80 mL crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup/60 mL mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL ketchup
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Hamburger buns
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Lettuce leaves
Gather the ingredients.
In a large bowl, combine beef, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, and black pepper. Make into 4, 3/4 inch thick patties.
Cut the Vidalia onions into 1/2 inch thick rounds. Make sure the rings are large enough to stay together on the grill. Brush with vegetable oil.
Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
Place the burgers on the grill and cook for 7 to 8 minutes per side, turning once.
Grill the onions for 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Once burgers and onions are cooked, remove from heat and place on buns.
Combine mayonnaise, blue cheese, and thyme. Use as a burger topper. Add sliced tomatoes and lettuce and enjoy.