These mini-cupcakes are surprisingly light in spite of a rich cheesecake filling. I like to use a good quality extra-dark cocoa for a richer chocolate flavor. However, you may use traditional unsweetened Dutch cocoa powder, and they will still be yummy. Instructions are included for traditional cupcakes as well.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened extra-dark cocoa or Dutch cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (
- not baking powder)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk or water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line mini-muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, blend cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar until smooth. Add egg, beating just until combined. Set aside.
- In a nonreactive large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, 1 cup sugar, , baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in milk or water, vegetable oil, cider , and . Beat until smooth.
- Fill paper-lined cups about 1/3 full. Top each with about a half teaspoon cream cheese mixture. Press 4 to 5 chocolate chips into filling on each cupcake.
- Bake in the center of oven 14 minutes, or until firm. Cheese filling may still be a bit soft but will firm up.
- Cool completely before serving.
For standard cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 24 standard muffin cups with paper liners. Prepare filling and batter as above.
- Fill paper-lined cups about 1/2 full.
- Top each with about 1 Tablespoon of cheesecake mixture.
- Press 8 to 10 chocolate chips into cheesecake mixture on each cupcake.
- Bake in the center of oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until firm.
(Yield: 24 cupcakes)
Suggested Related Recipes
- Banana Choco-Chip Mini-Muffins Recipe
- Black Forest Buttermilk Cake Recipe
- Brownie Crackle-top Cookies Recipe
- Caramel Mousse Brownie Bites Recipe
- Cheesecake Swirl Brownies Recipe
- Chocolate Banana Cream Mini-Muffins Recipe
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mini-Cheesecakes Recipe
- Mini Chocolate Cherry Cheesecakes Recipe
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups Recipe
- Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Mini-Muffins Recipe
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|