Black Cat Chocolate-Dipped Cookies are an easy, cute recipe that's perfect for Halloween or any kid's party! Use your favorite cookies as the center, and get creative with the toppings and designs of the cat faces. This is a great one for kids to help make!
- 16 oz chocolate candy coating
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos)
- 48 large white flat sprinkles (or candy eyeballs)
- 48 chocolate chips
- 24 chocolate-covered sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper, and set aside for now.
2. Place the chocolate candy coating in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating, until the coating is melted and smooth.
3. Using forks or dipping tools, dip a cookie in the chocolate coating until it's coated completely. Remove it from the coating and let the excess drip back into the bowl, then place it onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or waxed paper.
4. While the chocolate is still wet, press two white sprinkles (or candy eyeballs) into the top of the cookie. Press two chocolate chips on top to represent the ears, and add a chocolate-covered sunflower seed below the eyes to be the nose.
5. Repeat this process until all of the cookies are dipped and decorated. If you're using the white sprinkles for eyes, dip a toothpick in the remaining melted chocolate and draw a vertical line in the center of each sprinkle to form a cat's eye.
6. Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave, and transfer the melted chocolate to a paper cone or a plastic bag with the corner snipped off. Draw a few white lines coming out from the center of the cookie to represent the cat's whiskers.
7. Refrigerate the tray to let the chocolate set completely, for about 15-20 minutes. Store these Black Cat Cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.