Fresh blackberries team up with diced apples in this delicious Southern cobbler. A cake-like batter covers the fruit for a soft and delicious baked topping.
Serve this cobbler warm with a scoop of buttermilk ice cream or drizzle some fresh cream over each serving.
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 cup apples (diced)
- 1/2 cup sugar (plus more for sprinkling)
- Heat the oven to 375 F (190 C/Gas 5).
- Butter a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Cream the butter and 1/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternating with the milk; beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine blackberries, apples, and 1/2 cup sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Put fruit mixture in the prepared cake pan. Pour batter over the fruit. Sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Serve warm with cream or ice cream.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|