Reminiscent of a creamy berry cheesecake, this toast is a wonderfully sweet, tarty, and creamy way to start the day. Adding fresh mint is an unexpected but very worthwhile finish touch!
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 to 4 slices bread (any bread you prefer; challah works well)
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Optional: fresh mint, chopped
In a saucepan combine the blackberries, blueberries, cornstarch, vanilla, sugar, and water. Cover and cook over a medium-low heat. Once simmering, mash and mix well. Set aside.
Toast the bread.
Slather each slice with goat cheese and top with a spoonful of the warm berry mixture. Sprinkle with some chopped fresh mint if you have it.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|