For this recipe, you will want to have your grill as hot as possible. The idea is to get the seasonings to blackened before you flip the red snapper. Once the fish is grilled, it's topped with a flavorful butter sauce. Absolutely delicious and perfect for just about any occasion.
- 2 red snapper fillets (halved)
- 1/2 cup/120 mL butter
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL parsley (minced)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL paprika
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL cayenne
- Mix together paprika, cayenne, salt, garlic salt, onion salt, thyme, oregano, and pepper. Sprinkle over each side of the red snapper.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Right before placing fish on the grill, oil the grill grates well. Make several passes as this will create a nice non-stick surface.
- Bring lemon juice to a simmer. Remove from heat and add butter. Mix well.
- Grill red snapper until done. About 5-6 minutes per side or until fish reaches an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees F.
- Once cooked through, remove fish from grill and plate. Add parsley to lemon butter, spoon 1/4 of butter mixture over each piece of fish. Serve with grilled vegetables or your favorite sides.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||41 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|