Here's a blonde brownie mix to give as a gift, with brown sugar, chocolate chips, and pecans or walnuts. Everyone loves homemade treats, but when everyone already has more sweets and baked goods than they need, giving the gift of a homemade brownie mix allows the recipient to enjoy the treat when they want to. The brownies are easy to mix, just add a tag with instructions for mixing and baking.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 to 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup (about 8 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
To Make the Brownie Mix
- In a 1-quart canning jar, layer the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt (a wide-mouth canning funnel makes this a little easier).
- Shake jar just slightly to level layer.
- Add half of the brown sugar, then half of the nuts and half of the chocolate chips.
- Repeat layers with remaining brown sugar, chocolate chips, and nuts.
Blonde Brownies Instructions for Jar
Start with jar blonde brownie mix.
You'll also need:
- 1 stick butter or margarine (4 ounces) at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour an 7- x 11-inch or 8-inch square baking pan.
- Melt 1 stick (4 ounces) butter; let cool slightly. In a mixing bowl, whisk together 1 egg, the melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add contents of the canning jar and mix with a wooden spoon until well blended. All dry ingredients should be moistened.
- Spread batter in prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|