Boldly-hued, with a delightful sweet-tart flavor, blood orange juice turns the standard smoothie sophisticated. This Blood Orange Strawberry Smoothie would be a perfect addition to a Valentine's or Mother's Day brunch menu. Use frozen, unsweetened berries for a frostier smoothie. Or, if you want to up the indulgence factor, try using frozen yogurt in place of regular yogurt.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) blood orange juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, washed and hulled, preferably organic
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt, preferably organic
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 ice cubes
- 4 fresh strawberries, orange slices &/or mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Place all ingredients except the ice cubes in a blender and purée until smooth.
- Add the ice cubes and pulse just until they're crushed.
- Pour into 4 glasses. Garnish if desired and serve immediately. Enjoy!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|