Finding blood oranges at the local market can be a bit tricky. Any variety will do well in this vinaigrette recipe, but if you have the choice go with a Moro or Tarroco orange.
For more unique salad ideas, read Top 10 Vinaigrette Recipes and use them in a variety of salads.
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (white wine)
- 1/4 cup orange juice (blood orange)
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic (crushed and finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon shallots (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons chives (fresh, finely chopped)
Place all ingredients in a jar and shake until the dressing is well blended. Alternately, you can vigorously whisk the ingredients in a small bowl until they are completed incorporated together.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||36 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||26 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|