|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Makes 4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||22%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is great sauce adds another level to any grilled steak, beef roast, and pork chops. While this sauce is perfect for the holidays, it also works well for formal gatherings and special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, or Valentine's Day.
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup/120 mL red wine
- 1/3 cup/80 mL crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL olive oil or unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup/60 mL pine nuts
- 1/4 cup/60 mL beef broth
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL chili powder
- pinch of salt (optional)
Heat olive oil or butter in a large saucepan.
Add shallot and cook for 2 minutes, or until translucent.
Add wine, beef broth, and Worcestershire sauce.
Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
Stir in mustard and remaining seasonings.
Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
As sauce begins to reduce, add blue cheese and melt through.
Remove from heat, stir in pine nuts, and serve over grilled or roasted meat of your choice.