There's just something about the combination of a juicy steak and good blue cheese. This simple recipe is a great way to dress up a t-bone.
- 4 T-bone steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 2 large sweet onions, like a Vidalia, chopped
- 1/2 cup/120 mL unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL vegetable oil
- 3 ounces/85 g Maytag blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL sea salt
- 2 teaspoons/ 10 mL coarse ground black pepper
Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sauté onions in butter and oil over a medium-low heat until they are soft and starting to brown. Turn the heat up to medium-high and add red wine. Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated off. Remove from heat. Preheat grill. Grill steaks for about 5 to 6 minutes per side or until they reach desired doneness.
Remove from grill and top with blue cheese and onions.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|