|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 45g||57%|
|Saturated Fat 22g||109%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||13%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These grilled steaks are rubbed down with rosemary and garlic, then served up with a blue cheese and walnut topping. It's a truly great way to top off a delicious steak. While this recipe calls for sirloin steaks, you can certainly use smaller rib-eye steaks, strip steaks, or filet mignon.
- 2 top sirloin steaks
- 2 ounces/55 g. blue cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL room temperature butter
- 1-2 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL walnuts (toasted and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons/15 mL fresh flat-leaf parsley (coarsely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL rosemary (chopped)
- 1 1/2/7.5 mL teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2/7.5 mL teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
Gather the ingredients.
Combine blue cheese, butter, parsley and 1 teaspoon of chopped rosemary. Cover and set aside. Mix well. Add walnuts and mix.
Place steaks in a shallow baking dish or onto a plate or cutting board. In a small bowl, combine remaining rosemary, crushed garlic, salt, and pepper. If using a bigger cut, use 1 1/4-1 1/2 teaspoons of salt. Pat steaks dry with paper towels and apply equal amounts of rosemary-garlic mixture onto both sides.
Preheat grill for high heat. Grill steaks the way you like them. Once steaks are done, remove from grill and allow them to rest for about 5 minutes. Serve topped with a blue cheese-walnut mixture.