|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 10 to 12|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||12%|
|Total Carbohydrate 42g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This easy, moist blueberry bread is a great way to enjoy fresh blueberries. The bread can be made with frozen blueberries as well.
Serve this moist blueberry loaf sliced with a flavored cream cheese spread or cinnamon butter.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (canola, safflower, or another kind of neutral oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (finely grated)
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen and unthawed)
- 1/2 cup pecans (or walnuts, chopped)
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; stir with a whisk or spoon to blend thoroughly.
Make a well in the center and set aside.
In another bowl, whisk the egg with the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
Add to the well in dry ingredients.
Stir just until batter is moistened.
Fold in lemon peel, blueberries, and chopped pecans.
Spoon into prepared loaf pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 75 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the loaf.
Cool the blueberry bread in the pan on a rack. For even more flavor, wrap the loaf in plastic wrap or foil and store in the refrigerator overnight.
Serve and enjoy!
- Quick breads should be stored in a resealable food storage bag or container. Store a loaf of quick bread at room temperature for up to four days.
- When stored in an airtight container, moisture can accumulate and make the bread soggy. To avoid this, make sure to cool the bread completely before you store it. A folded sheet of paper towel in the bottom of the bag or container and another one on top of the bread will help absorb any excess moisture.
- Freeze quick breads for up to three months