This blueberry buckle is a delicious blueberry cake with a crumbly cinnamon spiced topping. Fresh is best, but frozen blueberries may be used as well.
- For the Buckle
- 6 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh and rinsed or frozen and unthawed)
- For the Topping
- 1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 9-inch square baking pan.
Beat the butter with granulated sugar for 3 to 4 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until well blended.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour with the baking powder and salt and sift.
Add sifted dry ingredients to butter mixture alternately with 1/2 cup milk, beating just until smooth.
Fold in blueberries.
Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan.
Combine the topping ingredients and mix with fingers or a fork to blend thoroughly and form crumbs.
Sprinkle topping crumbs over batter.
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Serve and enjoy!