|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 16 to 20 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 12g||61%|
|Total Carbohydrate 42g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This rich cheesecake is topped with a blueberry glaze.
- For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- For the Filling:
- 1 pound cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups cottage cheese (creamed)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs (slightly beaten)
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 2 cups sour cream
- For the Glaze:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen; divided)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat the oven to 325 F (165 C/Gas Mark 3).
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of melted butter, and 2 teaspoons of sugar; press into the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Combine cream cheese and cottage cheese in a large mixing bowl; beat until smooth. Gradually add 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar, beating well. Add eggs and beat until well blended. Add 6 tablespoons of cornstarch, flour, lemon juice, and vanilla; stir well. Add 1/2 cup of melted butter and the sour cream, beating until smooth.
- Pour filling into 10-inch springform pan with graham cracker crust (below). (Place a shallow baking pan on the bottom rack of the oven with about an inch of hot water.) Bake cheesecake in the center of oven at 325° F (165° C/Gas Mark 3) for about 70 minutes, or until firm around edges. Turn off oven and let cheesecake cool in the oven for 2 hours.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Remove from pan; refrigerate. When completely chilled, top with blueberry glaze (below).
- In a 1-quart saucepan combine 1 cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Stir in water. Crush 1/2 cup blueberries; add to sugar and water mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and begins to bubble. Continue to boil gently for about 2 minutes, or until blueberry glaze mixture is clear. Cool completely.
- Arrange remaining blueberries over the top of the cooled cheesecake. Pour cooled blueberry glaze over the whole berries. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.
You Might Also Like