Blueberry Cream Cheese Breakfast Braids are filled with sweet, fresh blueberries, creamy cream cheese, and zesty lemon. They are extremely easy to whip together and only require a few ingredients!
One of the reasons why this recipe is so easy is because it uses refrigerated crescent roll dough! This recipe is even easier if you use the roll dough that comes in one solid sheet and doesn't have perforations. It just makes it a little easier to roll out and make the little cuts for the braid. If you have more time, you can also use puff pastry for this recipe. The puff pastry takes a little while to thaw so the prep time takes a bit longer! The taste of puff pastry is a little more delicate and refined and it also puffs beautifully when baked!
This is a perfect easy recipe for a holiday morning breakfast or a brunch! It will feed quite a few people and requires minimum prep and clean up! It also looks beautiful on a breakfast table!
If you want to add a little crunch to the braid, add some sliced almonds on top of the blueberries! They bake up nicely and add great texture!
- 1 package crescent rolls
- 1 pint blueberries
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon granulated
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Roll out the crescent roll dough into a thinner, rectangular sheet.
- Combine the cream cheese, granulated sugar, and lemon zest in a bowl until smooth and completely combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the center of the crescent roll sheet. Leaving about an inch and a half of dough on either side of the mixture.
- Toss the blueberries with the tablespoon of flour, lemon zest, and teaspoon of sugar.
- Place the blueberries over the cream cheese mixture.
- Make diagonal cuts into the dough, starting where there is not cream cheese and stopping when you get to the cream cheese center. Make about 10 cuts on each side.
- Pull the strips of dough over the top the blueberries, alternating sides.
- Place on the center rack of the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While it is cooling, whisk together the remaining cream cheese mixture with the lemon juice, whole milk, and powdered sugar to create a glaze.
- When the blueberry braid has slightly cooled, drizzle the glaze over the top and serve!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|