Is there any better way to enjoy blueberries than in a crisp recipe? The dark, sweet-tart berries and that chewy, crisp top is one of the great combinations of all time. This crisp recipe is a delicious way to get these incredibly nutritious berries into your diet. They are on all the "super foods" lists due to their very high levels of anti-oxidants.
- 4 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained well
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 stick butter (4 Tbs.), softened
- In a bowl combine the blueberries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice, and mix to combine evenly. Pour into a lightly buttered baking dish.
- In the same bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, oats, salt, and butter. Stir with a fork until the mixture is crumbly and evenly blended. Spread the mixture over the berries and bake at 375°F. for 40 minutes. Let cool to warm before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|