|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 8 1-in gummies (8 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 23g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||13%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Blueberry Gummies get their fruit flavor from blue gelatin and a hidden surprise--a fresh blueberry inside the candy! I love the two-tone look of these gummy candies, and the fresh berry taste and texture elevate these from your standard gummy candy recipe.
For this recipe you will need at least one candy mold that is fairly deep. I like to use what's called a "bonbon" or "truffle" mold, because it's deep enough to allow me to hide a blueberry in the center. If you use shallower molds you can omit the blueberry and also the two-tone gelatin effect. This recipe yields 8 gummies approximately 1" round and 1" tall.
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 .25 oz. package unflavored gelatin
- 1 3 oz. package blue flavored gelatin
- 8 blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
1. Prepare your candy mold by spraying it lightly with nonstick spray, then wiping it gently with a paper towel to leave just a very thin layer of oil in the molds.
2. Pour the water in a small saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin packets on top, and allow it to sit for 10 minutes to let the water hydrate the gelatin.
3. Put the pan over medium-low heat to melt the gelatin and stir until it is completely dissolved and smooth.
4. Pour the melted gelatin into a measuring cup with a spout, and then carefully pour the gelatin halfway into the prepared mold cavities. Gently place a blueberry in the middle of each cavity.
5. Place the tray in the freezer for about 5 minutes to firm up the gelatin. While that is setting, stir the condensed milk into the remaining gelatin in the mixing cup to turn it an opaque blue color.
6. After the first layer has set, pour the opaque gelatin on top of the first layer, and refrigerate the candies to set them completely.
7. Once set, pull the gummies out of the molds and serve. Blueberry Gummies can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days, or for several weeks if you omit the blueberry inside.