If you want an exquisite cake perfect for adults, try this recipe for Blueberry Limoncello Cake with a Limoncello Glaze. Limoncello is a lemon liqueur that is mainly produced in Southern Italy and goes great with fresh blueberries in this dessert.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9x13 cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- Place blueberries in a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of dry ingredients. Toss gently and set aside. (This is done so blueberries don't sink to the bottom of the cake.)
- In an another bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add 1 tablespoon limoncello. Add the dry mixture and combine completely. Fold in 1 tablespoon zest and blueberries.
- Carefully add batter to prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool pan on a rack for 15 minutes before adding the glaze. Cool completely before serving.
- Glaze: With a wire whisk, stir together powdered sugar, 1/4 cup limoncello, and 1 tablespoon lemon zest. Drizzle over cake then spread for even consistency.