This easy pie is made with fresh blueberries and a homemade or purchased crumb pie shell. The only baking required is 5 minutes for the crust, and you can avoid that if you use a purchased crumb crust.
Use the included vanilla wafer crust for the pie or use a shortbread cookie crumb crust or graham cracker crust.
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 cups blueberries (fresh; divided)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water (cold)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Garnish: whipped cream or purchased whipped topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4).
- In a bowl combine the vanilla wafer crumbs, melted butter, and 3 tablespoons of sugar; mix until all of the crumbs are well moistened.
- Pat the crumbs over the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake until the crust is firm, about 8 minutes. Remove to a rack to cool completely.
- In a large saucepan combine 2 cups of blueberries, 1/4 cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons water; bring to a full boil.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup cold water; add to blueberry mixture. Return the berries to the boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in butter, lemon juice and the remaining 4 cups of blueberries. Spoon into the prepared crumb crust. Let the pie stand for 2 to 3 hours, or until set.
- Serve with whipped cream or purchased whipped topping.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||51 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|