Because they maintain their shape better, fresh blueberries are the best choice for the topping on this dessert pizza. In this dessert "pizza" recipe, the shortbread cookie-like crust is topped with a sweetened cream cheese filling and the thickened glazed blueberries. What a great way to enjoy fresh berries!
Additionally, you can garnish this pizza with sliced fresh strawberries alongside the fresh blueberries for a fabulous July 4th-themed dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 package/8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 can/14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups blueberries (fresh)
- Garnish: whipped topping or fresh whipped cream
- Heat the oven to 350° F.
- Combine flour and confectioners' sugar in mixing bowl. Add melted butter and mix to blend well. Pat the dough out into a 12-inch or 14-inch pizza pan. Bake the crust for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese with sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Spread over the cooled pizza crust.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water. Cook, constantly stirring, over medium heat until thickened. Add blueberries and cool completely.
- Spread cooled blueberry mixture over cream cheese layer. Chill thoroughly.
- Cut wedge-shaped portions for serving. Top each wedge with a generous dollop of whipped cream or whipped topping and fresh blueberries or strawberry slices, if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|