Serve this fabulous pudding cake with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. Try it warm, it's delicious!
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water (boiling)
- Place blueberries and lemon juice in an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Beat in milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Spread the batter over the berries.
- Mix 1 cup sugar with cornstarch and sprinkle over batter. Pour boiling water over all.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 50 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|