Serve this scrumptious blueberry cake as a coffee cake, or serve it with a scoop of ice cream or whipped topping for dessert. This cake is made with a heavenly crunchy topping of blueberries and lightly spiced buttery brown sugar crumbs. The sour cream cake is wonderfully moist.
Feel free to make this with or without the walnuts or pecans.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces butter (softened; 8 tablespoons)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Optional: 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan. Heat oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas 4).
- In a bowl combine the 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream the 4 ounces of softened butter with the granulated sugar. Beat for about 3 to 4 minutes, until smooth and fluffy. Beat in the eggs until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, beat in the flour mixture just until blended.
- Spread the batter in the prepared springform baking pan. Sprinkle the blueberries evenly over the batter.
- In another bowl combine the brown sugar, 3/4 cup flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir the mixture with a fork until well blended. Add the 5 tablespoons of melted butter and blend well with the fork. Stir in the finely chopped nuts, if using. Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the blueberries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes until the cake is firm and the top has browned.
- Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes on a rack; remove the side of the pan and cool completely before slicing.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|