Soft and creamy silken tofu is the tofu of choice for smoothies and shakes. If it isn’t available, you can substitute 2/3 cup of plain, low-fat yogurt. Feel free to boost the protein content of your smoothie by adding 1 or 2 teaspoons of wheat germ.
- 6 ounces silken tofu
- 1 medium banana
- 2/3 cup soy milk
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 -3 ice cubes, optional
- Drain the silken tofu to remove excess water (silken tofu has a high water content).
- Peel and slice the banana. Place on a baking sheet and freeze for about 15 minutes (this helps make the smoothie thicker).
- Blend the banana, tofu and soy milk for 30 seconds.
- Add 1/2 cup of the frozen blueberries and process until smooth. Add the remaining blueberries, honey, and ice cubes if using and process again until smooth.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|