|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 46g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 34g|
|Vitamin C 20mg||98%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The blushing rose is a beautiful cocktail with a lovely mix of floral and fruit flavors that is perfect for Valentine's Day or any memorable evening. Then again, it's so easy to mix up that you don't need a special occasion to enjoy this recipe that's designed for two. It's a lovely dinner drink that will pair well with a variety of foods, including the full array of Asian dishes.
This blush pink cocktail is light on the alcohol and the bouquet is fascinating. In it, you'll enjoy a mix of the complex flavors of Ty Ku Liqueur (a brilliant green liqueur), luscious pomegranate juice, and rose nectar for a little floral sweetness.
4 ounces Ty Ku liqueur
2 ounces pomegranate juice
4 ounces rose nectar
Lime wedges, for garnish
Gather the ingredients.
In a mixing glass filled with ice, pour the Ty Ku, pomegranate juice, and rose nectar.
Garnish with lime wedges. Serve and enjoy.
- Rose nectar is not an easy ingredient to find and you may have the best luck in natural food stores.
- Alternatively, you can use a rose simple syrup. It gets its flavor from food-grade rose water and is easy to make at home. You may find that you need a little less in the cocktail because it can be sweeter than the nectar. For less sweetness, pour straight food-grade rose water instead.
- To make a single cocktail, simply divide all the ingredients in half.
- Rather than pomegranate juice, pour pomegranate liqueur (e.g., Pama, Giffard, Bols) instead. Pomegranate vodka is another option, though the drink will have a lighter profile.
- Add lemonade to this recipe for a slightly taller and very refreshing drink.
- Top the drinks off with sparkling wine. A lovely sparkling rosé would be a fine choice, though prosecco or cava are great options as well. If you want to go all out, pick up a bottle of Champagne.
- There really are no great substitutes for Ty Ku because it is a unique soju-based liqueur. However, you could pour vodka, rum, or even tequila instead and have a wonderful drink.
How Strong Is a Blushing Rose?
The blushing rose is a very mild cocktail. In fact, it's one of the lower-proof mixed drinks you can make. It is actually lighter than a glass of wine, with an alcohol content of just 6 percent ABV (12 proof). Of course, if you add any extra alcoholic ingredients, that will rise, but it should always be relatively gentle.