|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 Portions (4 Servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||18%|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||19%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A lobster salad is an excellent choice for a luncheon or hot weather dinner. The salad can be served over lettuce leaves or used to fill sandwich buns.
If you are lucky enough to have a few freshly steamed lobsters, this is an excellent way to enjoy them. We enjoy lobster with butter, but a lobster salad is my favorite.
Arrange this lobster salad on lettuce leaves or mixed greens with avocado wedges or fresh sliced tomatoes around the edge of the plate. Or, use the lobster salad mixture to fill toasted hot dog rolls.
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat, diced, from about 3 to 4 whole 1-pound lobsters
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 4 to 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, or more, to moisten
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Mixed salad greens (or lettuce leaves)
- Optional: 1 avocado (peeled, quartered, and brushed with lemon juice), sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumber
Gather the ingredients.
Toss the cooked, diced lobster meat with lemon juice and the celery.
Gently stir in mayonnaise and then season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Mound the lobster salad on lettuce leaves with a wedge of avocado.
Add sliced tomatoes and cucumbers for a satisfying lunch.
How to Steam Lobster
Place a rack in a large pot. Add about 2 inches of salted water in the pot and bring the water to a boil over high heat.
Add the lobsters, cover the pot, and begin timing.
About halfway through the cooking time, lift the cover and shift the lobsters around with tongs.
Replace the cover and continue cooking.
Lobster Steaming Times
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds - 10 to 12 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds - 18 minutes
- 2 pounds - 18 minutes
- 2 1/2 pounds - 22 minutes
- 3 pounds - 25 to 30 minutes