These crock pot country style pork ribs are made with meaty, boneless country-style ribs, condensed soup, and mushroom gravy mix. The sauce mixture is wonderful with the ribs and mashed potatoes, or serve them with rice or cauliflower rice.
Country style ribs are similar to pork chops, and they are an excellent choice for slow cooking or braising. This popular recipe produces saucy, delicious ribs that will make a fabulous meal with mashed potatoes and corn or steamed veggies.
- 2 to 3 pounds ribs (country-style, boneless)
- salt to taste (kosher)
- black pepper to taste
- 1 can/10 3/4 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces mushrooms (fresh, thickly sliced)
- 1 envelope mushroom gravy mix
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (sweet)
- Optional: 1 heaping tablespoon all-purpose flour*
- Gather the ingredients.
- Place the boneless ribs in the slow cooker.
- In a bowl combine the condensed soup with the sliced mushrooms, gravy mix, and paprika.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for about 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove the country-style ribs to a warm platter and keep warm.
- To thicken the gravy, make a smooth paste with 1 heaping tablespoon of flour and 2 tablespoons of cold water. Add the flour and water mixture to the broth and stir to blend. Turn to HIGH and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve the country-style ribs and gravy with mashed potatoes and corn or your family's favorite steamed or fresh vegetables.
*The flour is for a thicker gravy which may not be necessary if you cooked the ribs on high.
"This has become one of our favorite recipes to serve for family and friends. Only suggestion is to increase the mushrooms and don't cut them too small or they get lost in the texture." T.T.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|